- For school, university and work: German dictionary for everyone learning German. With easy-to-understand explanations of the words and many illustrations
- Comprehensive Standard Work: With nearly 120,000 keywords, combinations, phrases, and example sentences, the dictionary is ideal for self-learners, students, and language professionals
- Hardcover edition with digital dictionary for smartphones and computers
- A Must Have in DaF: The Dictionary is an indispensable reference work for everyone who teaches German as a foreign language and for learners of DaF
- Particularly comprehensive and easy to understand: each definition is checked for objectivity and understandability
- Quick search: color highlighting of keywords and clear design of entries, with long entries with “tags”
- Particularly easy to use: Lots of usage and style information for colloquial and regional expressions
Indispensable for German language learners
A book that belongs in every desk when learning German: With around 120,000 keywords, word combinations, phrases and example sentences, Langenscheidt’s Monolingual Dictionary is the standard work in the field of German as a foreign language.
Comprehensive vocabulary of the German language
Here you can search for everything that the German language has produced in terms of vocabulary. It also contains expressions from the spoken and children’s language, the vernacular and the vulgar – all of which, of course, are marked accordingly. Vocabulary in Middle German is marked with an asterisk! This is easy to use and practical at the same time, regardless of whether you are a translator or a foreigner looking for guidance in everyday language.
Perfect for German as a foreign language
The book is easy to use and contains many illustrations in important word and topic fields. Particularly useful in GFL lessons: many information texts provide information about regional studies, grammar, and language usage. This ensures a better understanding of the German language and the specifics of the country.